It’s that time of year again—the SXSWedu website is accepting votes for panels at the annual SXSWedu conference (March 4-7 in Austin, Texas). There are over 718 panels to choose from, and Compass Learning is honored to have been included in the list of potential panels. Our two panels, “Open, Mobile, Social, Gaming, the Learning Enviro” and “Kids Love Screens” are both in the social and mobile learning category. We need your help to get these fascinating and important topics onto the SXSWedu 2013 programming! See below for a description of each panel.
HOW IT WORKS
Public voting accounts for 30% of deciding the content lineup for SXSWedu. The remaining 70% is determined by the SXSW Advisory Board (40%) and SXSW staff (30%). That means YOU can help decide what panels are included in the conference! Here’s how to vote (it only takes a couple of minutes):
Search for “Open, Mobile, Social, Gaming, the Learning Enviro”
Click on the thumbs up icon to place your vote!
Repeat, searching for “Kids Love Screens”
THE COMPASS LEARNING PANELS
“Open, Mobile, Social, Gaming, the Learning Enviro” is a panel of experts discussing the trends and future of technology in the learning environment. How do we let go of the fears around technology and embrace kids’ technical engagement in the learning experience? You’ll have to vote to find out! Speakers include Tom Vander Ark, Arthur Vanderveen, Tad Druart, and Andrew Druart. Vote now!
“Kids Love Screens” will cover the widespread use of numerous screen devices by school age kids today, and explore the impact of the BYOD movement in schools. Is today’s student fundamentally different than in the past? Do multiple devices positively impact learning? We hope to see you at SXSWedu with the answers! Speaker is George Rislov. Vote now!
Did you attend SXSWedu last year? If so, what were your favorite aspects of the conference? What would you like to see done differently this year? Leave your feedback in the comment section.
April McAnally is the event marketing specialist for Compass Learning. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, April has a degree in corporate communications. When not working, she enjoys cooking, yoga, and visiting the dog park with her pups, Milo and Birdie.