5 Enriching Fall Fun Activities for the Classroom
- Have students document their learning goals and progress using PowerPoint or Prezi. Share their portfolios (or have students share them themselves) during fall parent-teacher conferences.
- Plan a special snack or treat that’s “fall”tastic! Consider healthy options like mandarin orange packs with jack-o-lantern faces or pretzel spiders (check out more fall classroom party ideas here). Or go super sweet with pumpkin-shaped rice treats and green monster pudding!
- Work with your room mom to plan a fall celebration. Simple class parties with food, activities (games and crafts) and story time make for a fun-filled day for students and parents! Don’t miss: Games, Activities & Crafts for Your Fall Class Party. (*Bonus: Encourage your room parent to organize parent volunteers online, quick and easy, with VolunteerSpot’s free online sign-up sheets*)
- Conduct min-lessons on fall science. Get outside and discuss the science behind seasons changing and colorful fall foliage – or try mad scientist classroom activities with homemade glow powder and monster slime.
- Bring in mystery and spooky tales for story time! Younger kids will like A Dark, Dark Tale by Ruth Brown and Bone Soup by Cambria Evans. Edgar Allen Poe tales and Coraline by Neil Gaiman are great chilling tales for older kids.
Classroom teachers: Have fun and spooky fall party ideas or great websites to share? We want to hear about them! Let us know your tips for fall in the comment section.
Trackback from your site.